My library has broken the five hundred mark! Actually I think it broke that mark a while back but I haven't been as diligent about scanning in my books as I should have been. I also haven't been buying books the way I used to. Here's my almost up to date catalog if you feel like perusing.
I'm also gonna take this opportunity to once again extol the virtues of the CueCat Barcode Scanner. It's easy to use and apparently easy to mod to read all barcodes, not just books. I haven't modded mine yet but I mean to, so I can catalog my CD collection (which is about the size of my book collection). The CueCat is easy to use, cheap, and requires no effort to install (plus, if you're savvy enough you can use it with Excel spreadsheets).
There's a practical reason for cataloging things, besides self-covetous OCD. It's great for insurance purposes, worst case scenario you lose everything you own during an Act of God, and if you're out hunting for books and need to know whether or not you already own a copy you can search your database.
Last night I cleaned out my misc quest queue except for a quest to fight a dragon in case someone comes over and wants to see me fight a dra...
You're probably wondering why I am doing a TV review post, or you might not be, *shrug*. As many of you regular readers may know (or RL...
One of our favorite scream queens here at HYR, Jamie Lee Curtis. Still one hell of a good looking woman, must be all that activia s...
Achtung! Spoilers! The long and short? If it hadn't been an addition to the Alien mythos it still would have been a very well poli...
Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (160)
- ► 2011 (179)
- "Why the fuck are you in this class?": a vitriolic...
- Beef Stock 2: The Quest for Purification
- Spice and herb madness in my kitchen:
- Fun with roasted garlic!
- FOR THE EMPEROR!
- Consomme, stock, demi-glace...
- Not Just Games
- Time for new glasses, need some advice
- Love for the CueCat
- You can take the boy out of the bookstore...
- Tibetan momo's?
- Achtung! Nacogdoches readers! I need your help!
- Haiku 4
- The First Power (1990) dir Robert Resnikoff Max P...
- Haiku 2 & 3
- My first haiku
- Birth of a Nation (1915) dir D.W. Griffith - Obser...
- "And quite clearly, he has gone insane."
- Dead Rising 2: Case Zero (2010) Capcom
- So with October pending...
- The Burrowers (2008) dir J.T. Petty & Amok Train (...
- Okay okay I know I promised but...
- Here's something for you Warhammer 40K fans:
- Making mashed potatoes at 9:25pm CST and I don't h...
- DragonCon 2010
- A pre-post of my DragonCon 2010 experience
- ▼ September (26)
- ► 2009 (142)
- ► 2008 (170)