So I was looking for something to play yesterday and Dead Rising 2: Case Zero was available for download on XBOX Live for only 400 MS Points (about $5.00). While I wasn't a hardcore fan of Dead Rising I figured five bucks is cheaper than a rental of a full title and I felt like whompin on some zombies.
I gotta say it's well worth the price. DR2:CZ has a lot packed into a small amount of space, at least a good six-eight hours if you want good endings and achievement points. Plus it's just good fun butchering the snot out of living dead. Some of my favorite weapons from Dead Rising make a comeback including; the frying pan, the bowling ball, and the shower head. There's also the ability to make insane customized weapons, my personal favorite is the baseball bat with nails in it -surprise, surprise.
You can level your character up to five but everything you unlock will carry over to Dead Rising 2. That's cool. Personally I think this is a great marketing trick - offer a extra large demo for a cost less than a meal at a fast food joint, give the player enough incentive to replay several times, and it's all the hook to draw the player in. The only downside I have to both Dead Rising and DR2:CZ is that tasks are timed, there little room for exploration the first or second time through. I understand why they did this but I'm not sure I like it, since I mainly game for exploration.
In any case, it's a fun diversion.
Last night I cleaned out my misc quest queue except for a quest to fight a dragon in case someone comes over and wants to see me fight a dra...
You're probably wondering why I am doing a TV review post, or you might not be, *shrug*. As many of you regular readers may know (or RL...
One of our favorite scream queens here at HYR, Jamie Lee Curtis. Still one hell of a good looking woman, must be all that activia s...
Achtung! Spoilers! The long and short? If it hadn't been an addition to the Alien mythos it still would have been a very well poli...
Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (160)
- ► 2011 (179)
- "Why the fuck are you in this class?": a vitriolic...
- Beef Stock 2: The Quest for Purification
- Spice and herb madness in my kitchen:
- Fun with roasted garlic!
- FOR THE EMPEROR!
- Consomme, stock, demi-glace...
- Not Just Games
- Time for new glasses, need some advice
- Love for the CueCat
- You can take the boy out of the bookstore...
- Tibetan momo's?
- Achtung! Nacogdoches readers! I need your help!
- Haiku 4
- The First Power (1990) dir Robert Resnikoff Max P...
- Haiku 2 & 3
- My first haiku
- Birth of a Nation (1915) dir D.W. Griffith - Obser...
- "And quite clearly, he has gone insane."
- Dead Rising 2: Case Zero (2010) Capcom
- So with October pending...
- The Burrowers (2008) dir J.T. Petty & Amok Train (...
- Okay okay I know I promised but...
- Here's something for you Warhammer 40K fans:
- Making mashed potatoes at 9:25pm CST and I don't h...
- DragonCon 2010
- A pre-post of my DragonCon 2010 experience
- ▼ September (26)
- ► 2009 (142)
- ► 2008 (170)