I spent a good part of the last evening in the kitchen, drinking beer, shooting the shit with friends, and after they left I threw on Spice World and then Aliens. Don't judge me.
While my initial attempt at making beef stock was disappointing I remain undaunted. Besides, I only ruined one container of stock - not all three - so I have two foundation weak stocks I can build on. All is not lost and I have a better idea of what I need to do in the next stage of prep (plus I need to collect some spices).
What was very fun last night was roasting about two dozen big cloves of garlic (tossed in grapeseed oil and then thrown into the cast iron skillet) and then pureed them. Now what was kind of drunkenly brilliant was mixing what roasted garlic there was left in the blender with a splash of oil, a splash of cider vinegar and two big fistfuls of bird's eye chiles then blending the shit out of it. It has a really bold flavour - aka it feels like falling face first into a box of superheated acupuncture needles dipped in garlic. I think I want to use it on a sandwich.
Last night I cleaned out my misc quest queue except for a quest to fight a dragon in case someone comes over and wants to see me fight a dra...
You're probably wondering why I am doing a TV review post, or you might not be, *shrug*. As many of you regular readers may know (or RL...
One of our favorite scream queens here at HYR, Jamie Lee Curtis. Still one hell of a good looking woman, must be all that activia s...
Achtung! Spoilers! The long and short? If it hadn't been an addition to the Alien mythos it still would have been a very well poli...
Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (160)
- ► 2011 (179)
- "Why the fuck are you in this class?": a vitriolic...
- Beef Stock 2: The Quest for Purification
- Spice and herb madness in my kitchen:
- Fun with roasted garlic!
- FOR THE EMPEROR!
- Consomme, stock, demi-glace...
- Not Just Games
- Time for new glasses, need some advice
- Love for the CueCat
- You can take the boy out of the bookstore...
- Tibetan momo's?
- Achtung! Nacogdoches readers! I need your help!
- Haiku 4
- The First Power (1990) dir Robert Resnikoff Max P...
- Haiku 2 & 3
- My first haiku
- Birth of a Nation (1915) dir D.W. Griffith - Obser...
- "And quite clearly, he has gone insane."
- Dead Rising 2: Case Zero (2010) Capcom
- So with October pending...
- The Burrowers (2008) dir J.T. Petty & Amok Train (...
- Okay okay I know I promised but...
- Here's something for you Warhammer 40K fans:
- Making mashed potatoes at 9:25pm CST and I don't h...
- DragonCon 2010
- A pre-post of my DragonCon 2010 experience
- ▼ September (26)
- ► 2009 (142)
- ► 2008 (170)