Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fun with roasted garlic!

I spent a good part of the last evening in the kitchen, drinking beer, shooting the shit with friends, and after they left I threw on Spice World and then Aliens.  Don't judge me.

While my initial attempt at making beef stock was disappointing I remain undaunted.  Besides, I only ruined one container of stock - not all three - so I have two foundation weak stocks I can build on.  All is not lost and I have a better idea of what I need to do in the next stage of prep (plus I need to collect some spices).

What was very fun last night was roasting about two dozen big cloves of garlic (tossed in grapeseed oil and then thrown into the cast iron skillet) and then pureed them.  Now what was kind of drunkenly brilliant was mixing what roasted garlic there was left in the blender with a splash of oil, a splash of cider vinegar and two big fistfuls of bird's eye chiles then blending the shit out of it.  It has a really bold flavour - aka it feels like falling face first into a box of superheated acupuncture needles dipped in garlic.  I think I want to use it on a sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!