- Ajwain seeds: The seeds of a plant from the Near East, they are very similar to thyme or caraway. I'm not sure what I am going to do with them yet but I think I might add them to couscous or any dish I would normally use thyme.
- Aleppo chiles: A capsicum named for the Syrian city it comes from. It has a really delightful flavor and heat to it and will serve as a solid mid-tone for any chile mix I add it to. Either that or it can stand alone, again with either poultry or couscous.
- Aji Panca and Aji Amarillo: Peruvian chiles I have read about but haven't sampled yet. Neither look or smell particularly dangerous but I have yet to cook with them. The Amarillo almost has the look of ground mustard mixed with tumeric but the smell of neither.
- Sun Dried Tomato Powder: But Joshua, couldn't you have dried and powdered your own tomatoes. Yes but I didn't so meh. I plan to use this in my pasta sauce, my jambalaya, and my slow cooked pork.
- Cacao Nibs: Because I wanted them, plus they might make for some tasty mole.
More news to follow. Hopefully I can get some pictures ASAP of the bounty.