Friday, May 28, 2010

Iron Man 2 (2010) Dir. Jon Favreau

I'm not sure what to say about Iron Man 2It's not as good as the first one but it has elements I enjoyed.  Mickey Rourke steals the movie for me, Scarlet Johanssen is not only pretty but has some kick-ass action sequences, Tony Stark's an asshole and Downey, Jr plays it up perfectly.  Shit blows up, there are more teases for The Avengers movie.  I still think Samuel L Jackson is a terrible choice as Nick Fury.  More shit blows up.  Tony Stark acts like an asshole.  There's way too much AC/DC involved.  There's a couple of moments I got bored and noticed mistakes and simply thought about the reality of superheroes - example insurance premiums have to be insane if you live in New York or Metropolis...Iron Man blew my car up!  I'm sorry, your deductible doesn't cover that.

Meh, it was a fun popcorn movie and a nice escape from reality for a few hours.  Personally, I'm geared up for Jonah Hex.

No comments:

Post a Comment

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!