- "The Kolchak" from Baron Hats Classic Reproductions based on the straw hat Carl Kolchak wore on the show Night Stalker. Not only is the hat kind of bad-ass in a "I really don't give a fuck what kind of monster it is, I'm gettin' the scoop." way but it looks like it would be comfy.
- Nón lá (leaf hat) the classic conical sun hat ubiquitous across Asia.
- If I had the $500 to spend on a hat I would have to go for a Brent Black Panama. Now that's a class hat.
- Since I am broke though I have the following two options:
- The hat everyone will recognize - the white bucket hat that Gilligan wore and was featured in Fear and Loathing. I found one for about ten bucks.
- A hat similar to one I think I was forced to wear when I was a kid at the beach and the flying field my grandpa took me to. Yes, the classic old fart flat top bucket hat,
Chances are I will go with the old fart bucket hat. If I'm gonna buy a hat I might as well buy one that will look classic even while fighting mutants for water in a post-apocalyptic wasteland.