Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mike's Barbeque House

Mike's Barbeque House
1622 South St
Nacogdoches, TX 75964
(936) 560-1676‎
We ate here for the first time today and I have to say, "Really, is this so hard?" I mean that this place is damn good. It's kind of surprising and disappointing when you go into a Barbeque joint and everything is just not that good. Mike's is good across the board though they were out of pork and I didn't get ribs or dessert.
The brisket was nice and tender without gnarly globs of fat. The sausage was damn tasty - next time I go I'm gonna get their sausage po boy. The turkey was solid but I kind of wish that I had gotten ribs instead. The sides we got were all good. The beans had a good smoky/sweet flavor with chunks of brisket in it. The rice was dirty. Cole slaw was minced without too much vinegar or mayo. The potato salad didn't have eggs in it and had the consistency of mashed potatoes - which was pretty damn awesome. There were also pickled tomatoes. Even though I ate at Mike's this afternoon I'd eat there right now.
I have to say that I was most impressed with the sauce. I can honestly say that I wouldn't change anything about the sauce. It was perfect BBQ sauce. Little sweet, touch more vinegar than most places, little bit of heat, touch of salt, just right. If they had it bottled I would have bought some.
All in all a great experience. Mike's is the place other BBQ joints in town have to measure up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!