Whatever your feelings are about EA Games they do make some polished quality games.
Battlefield: Bad Company is no exception. I've really been enjoying the online mode even though there aren't too many options for missions - i.e. Deathmatch, Conquest, etc. - but this doesn't bother me too much because more often than not I end up playing Team Deathmatch anyway.
How does B:BC compare with Call of Duty 4 and Rainbow Six Vegas 2? As far as story goes B:BC has the most enjoyable storyline. It's more along the lines of Kelly's Heroes than a Tom Clancy potboiler or other modern military mumbo "evil dictator has a nuke" jumbo. It's fun and I found myself laughing more often than I do during comedies. One of favorite lines so far has been,
Sweetwater: But that place is heavily guarded.
Haggard: Well we're heavily armed!
B:BC doesn't take its self too seriously and that allowed me to have fun even at a higher difficulty level. Playing isn't punishment or profanity inducing - okay it induces profanity but it's more along the lines of, "FUCK YEAH!" than "FUCK YOU!" Part of the fun is that things blow up real good. I've developed the habit of blasting holes in walls instead of using doors. Hey, it works. I've also learned the joy of ferreting out snipers by reducing cover to bits with a well placed mortar attack.
Game control is standard FPS controls. There's not much in the way of a cover system a la RS: Vegas but you don't really need one. COD4 needed that because the game was punishing.
I'm not saying B:BC is the end all be all for FPS but for a summer diversion it definitely fits the bill. Whatever problems I could have with B:BC can be remedied by playing the other FPS out there.
Last night I cleaned out my misc quest queue except for a quest to fight a dragon in case someone comes over and wants to see me fight a dra...
You're probably wondering why I am doing a TV review post, or you might not be, *shrug*. As many of you regular readers may know (or RL...
One of our favorite scream queens here at HYR, Jamie Lee Curtis. Still one hell of a good looking woman, must be all that activia s...
Achtung! Spoilers! The long and short? If it hadn't been an addition to the Alien mythos it still would have been a very well poli...
Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (160)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (133)
- ► 2009 (142)
- Doomsday (2008) dir Neil Marshall
- A major problem with Sid Meier's Civilization Revo...
- Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution (XBOX 360)
- Two tastes greats that taste great together? Darr...
- Max Payne - Debut trailer.
- Olde Towne General Store
- Mike's Barbeque House
- Film and Television Scores, 1950-1979
- Site Updates & Assorted Mumbo Jumbo.
- National Lampoon Presents: The Beach Party at the ...
- What I have done on my Summer Vacation.
- Brideshead Revisited...the movie?
- Battlefield: Bad Company
- Fallout 3 - 10/07/08
- Minute Maid Cherry Limeade is not made of people.
- When there's no more room in Hell...
- Batman: Gotham Knight (2008)
- The Barbecue House "Oldest Restaurant in Nacogdoch...
- The Eye (2008) dir. David Moreau
- Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008) dir. Guillermo ...
- Okay folks - time for feedback.
- WTF movie news.
- This sums it up pretty neatly.
- ▼ July (23)