I figure since we live here now I had better do some restaurant reviews/impressions/whatever. First out of the gate is The Barbecue House. The sign says "BBQ House" so I don't know what the hell that is about.
Maybe it was because we went on an off day but I can't say that I was impressed. The beans were great but maybe it's just me - when I want BBQ I want brisket, sausage, turkey, chicken, and pork. Sure some slaw and some beans or some potato salad so I just don't have a massive pile of meat to feed on.
The brisket was okay, kind of dry, standard brisket. The sausage was pretty unimpressive. The turkey and chicken were good and the sides were pretty damn good. The slaw was a little mayonaisse-y but was a'ight.
They do have sandwiches that may be good. I don't know if they are any good and if I'll be back to try them.
About the sauce. There's much debate about sauce in BBQ: Sauce? No Sauce? Sweet? Vinegar? Thick? Thin? Slathered? Dry? Spicy? Smoky? The Barbecue House has pretty weak sauce. It's sort watery and doesn't have any particular goodness to it. It strikes me as a fairly generic flavor. Combined with average - at best - meat you have a real meh experience.
Fortuately there are still several BBQ joints in town to check out.
Last night I cleaned out my misc quest queue except for a quest to fight a dragon in case someone comes over and wants to see me fight a dra...
You're probably wondering why I am doing a TV review post, or you might not be, *shrug*. As many of you regular readers may know (or RL...
One of our favorite scream queens here at HYR, Jamie Lee Curtis. Still one hell of a good looking woman, must be all that activia s...
Achtung! Spoilers! The long and short? If it hadn't been an addition to the Alien mythos it still would have been a very well poli...
Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (160)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (133)
- ► 2009 (142)
- Doomsday (2008) dir Neil Marshall
- A major problem with Sid Meier's Civilization Revo...
- Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution (XBOX 360)
- Two tastes greats that taste great together? Darr...
- Max Payne - Debut trailer.
- Olde Towne General Store
- Mike's Barbeque House
- Film and Television Scores, 1950-1979
- Site Updates & Assorted Mumbo Jumbo.
- National Lampoon Presents: The Beach Party at the ...
- What I have done on my Summer Vacation.
- Brideshead Revisited...the movie?
- Battlefield: Bad Company
- Fallout 3 - 10/07/08
- Minute Maid Cherry Limeade is not made of people.
- When there's no more room in Hell...
- Batman: Gotham Knight (2008)
- The Barbecue House "Oldest Restaurant in Nacogdoch...
- The Eye (2008) dir. David Moreau
- Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2008) dir. Guillermo ...
- Okay folks - time for feedback.
- WTF movie news.
- This sums it up pretty neatly.
- ▼ July (23)