Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I can see...everything...

In a fit of keeping up with the Jacobsons and the glee of government cheddar we have entered the Twenty First Century and purchased a plasma TV. After two days - and added expense - I have upgraded the XBOX360 to HDMI - I like using the Pigs in Space announcer voice when I say HDMI. Let me tell ya, I don't know how I managed to not make this leap sooner. Oh yeah, I was spending money on beer all the time.

After a good amount of internet research I decided to go with the Vizio brand. I used to hear a lot of horror stories about screen burn with plasma TVs but in this day and age it's not such a problem plus I'm not going to leave a game paused for more than hour.

Watching movies and gaming has taken on new dimensions of fun. Playing GTA IV in HD is a completely new experience. I still have to complete the "Complete the Story in less than thirty hours" achievement so now I really have an excuse to play through the story again. I forgot to post about the over all story but I will do that later.

I will post a review of the TV in a few weeks once we put in through its paces. Also have a few other reviews to post but what with homework and learnatorium goodness I actually have things to do.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet! The Vizio has been performing pretty well for a couple of weeks for us. I got the LCD because I recalled those same types of stories about the Plasma although I have to say, if it was an issue they still wouldn't be selling them. I did a Google search and found a fellow who had his picture settings posted up online for the Vizio. They are not great but they were a helpful starting point to get them correctly adjusted for our house.

    Wait till you see the new computer we're getting... MWAHAHAhaha...ha...heh........h

    ReplyDelete

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!