I am writing an ethnography/subculture paper for my English 131 class and have decided on writing about Roller Derby Leagues. In particular I am interested in how the Roller Derby revival fits into third wave/post feminism. I've been intrigued by the resurgence of crafting, baking, DIY, and the evolution of the Riot Grrrl school of thought. I'm also interested in how stereotypes play out true/bullshit and some other topics.
So if you or any one you know is a current or former member of a Roller Derby league please -avec sugar on top - contact/put them in contact with me. I really appreciate the help and look forward to hearing from you or someone else.
I also have a questionnaire to fill out for documentation purposes. If you're interested I can send that to you. If there are any questions/issues/problems with me being ignorant - in regards to the questionnaire - tell me and I will fix them.
If you have any questions or need clarification please let me know.
p.s. I am under a deadline of next Friday so a prompt response would be neat-o.
Last night I cleaned out my misc quest queue except for a quest to fight a dragon in case someone comes over and wants to see me fight a dra...
You're probably wondering why I am doing a TV review post, or you might not be, *shrug*. As many of you regular readers may know (or RL...
One of our favorite scream queens here at HYR, Jamie Lee Curtis. Still one hell of a good looking woman, must be all that activia s...
Achtung! Spoilers! The long and short? If it hadn't been an addition to the Alien mythos it still would have been a very well poli...
Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (160)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (133)
- ► 2009 (142)
- LEGO Batman (XBOX360) - Final verdict.
- Roller Derby Questionnaire - newest draft. Deadli...
- XBOX Live offline today for overhaul.
- Miss Platinum - Chefa
- NEW! NOW! CHAT! WOW!
- ATTN: Current or former members of Roller Derby Le...
- LEGO Batman (XBOX360)
- I <3 OCP.
- And people wonder why our generation is so cynical...
- "It's fine in moderation." or You have got to be k...
- You have got to be kidding me Pt1.
- Why I believe that this is my jam, dog.
- Nijiya Sushi (936) 569-2636 - Nacogdoches
- Death Race (2008) dir. Paul W. S. Anderson
- Hurricane Ike or how we ain't dead.
- Impressions of Too Human (2008)
- I'm poppin' smoke man!
- Star Wars: Force Unleashed XBOX360 Demo
- Warhammer: Battle March
- I can see...everything...
- ▼ September (20)