Thursday, August 07, 2008

Getting my learnatorium sea legs: Part I

I've already found a computer I like in the library. I plan to start lurking in the stacks pretty frequently. The fiction section is pretty solid though I forgot the joys of wandering around a library picking books up at random. I found the complete run of Life Magazine and spent a good hour leafing through 1969. The only problem is a lot of the photos would lend themselves very well to photomontage so it makes it a little hard not to just requisition the book for my own nefarious uses.

My goal today is to find the cookbook/food writing/food culture section and see what there is to see. With any luck I can find something interesting about East Texas/Louisiana cuisine. This is part of an idea I have kicking around in my head - Major in Texas History and focus on food. If there's one thing you can say about Texas Culinary History it has a lot of interesting influences: White, Mexican, Indian, and it'd be interesting to see what kind of influences SE Asian immigrants have had in the last couple of decades.

No comments:

Post a Comment

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!