Tuesday, September 18, 2007

K*Ville Pilot

I didn't really have any kind of expectations for this show. I've never been to New Orleans and really didn't have any plans to before or after Katrina. I've put it on my list of places to go when I find out I only have a short time to live along with Vegas. I did have hopes for Anthony Anderson who has been great in the roles I've seen him in - Key in Hustle & Flow, the Burger Shack guy in Harold & Kumar, Brown in The Departed, and a million bit TV parts. Putting him in the main role was a good choice. His weary yet undefeated NOPD Marlin Boulet is a great character - one I would expect to see in a movie or from a novel.

The first pilot managed to draw me in with Anderson's acting, plenty of sweaty action, and just the right amount of macho melodrama. I look forward to seeing what the creators do with this show and if it can make it more than a season or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!