Monday, September 17, 2007

Bow before your new god! Cablor!

We got cable on Saturday. I'm not sure why. The sales rep called with a deal and before I knew it I had called back and said yes. So...cable...yeah. We don't have HBO or Skinemax or anything exciting but we do have DVR and that's pretty nifty. Here are my impressions so far:

  • MTV still sucks...except for MTV Tres.
  • Channels just repeat programming like in the old days. In case you missed today's episode of Two Coreys don't worry because we're showing it seven more times today.
  • The Iraq War has replaced WWII. WWII is on hiatus until further notice.
  • There's a shitload of football on TV.
  • Baseball still kicks ass. In fact it kicks more ass because I can watch a bunch of games at once or nonstop.
  • G4 should have more stuff about games and fewer episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation.
  • A&E went right down the shitter - I was looking forward to some dull British miniseries.
  • BBC America is okay. If you get the opportunity to see Torchwood - a show by the producers of Doctor Who about a government group that tracks and captures aliens. I saw the pilot and the first episode and enjoyed them. It's actually a sort of violent and dark show so it's got that going for it.
  • I have heard many things about Giada De Laurentiis. I would like to know more.

That's it in a nutshell for now. More news to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!