Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sequential Art review

As many of you may know finding a webcomic that is good, genuinely well done, is akin to ye olde needle in a haystacke.  Sure we read the same dozen every day but I get tired of the same old, same old.  So I browse and 95% of the time I am disappointed by what I find.  Oh goody another manga knock off from some Westerner who grew up in the aughts.  Sometimes though I stumble across something that catches me off guard and has a certain hook and I spend an entire day reading the complete archives - Phillip M. Jackson's Sequential Art is one of those gems.

It's one those webcomics that in order to describe would make you sound like a crazy person.  There's an Englishman living with a cat girl and a penguin and then a squirrel girl shows up and it's funny but it's also a horror/sci-fi/action/gamer/comic geek/gamer...oh yeah and then...uh...boobies!  In all honesty though I have to say that it's one of the funniest webcoms I have read in a long time, well drawn, and Mr. Jackson manages to keep story, characters, and action constantly moving  forward at an excellent pace.  There are some brief lulls but he managed to keep me reading (and entertained) through nearly six years of comics.

Very well done Mr. Jackson.  Very well done indeed.


1 comment:

  1. the killing of spiders must have brought a tear to your eye..

    ReplyDelete

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!