Monday, March 17, 2008

10,000 B.C. (2008) dir. Roland Emmerich

I wouldn't have wanted to see this movie except for the fact that I love insane prehistory tales, weird adventure tales, and ripping yarns. Historically inaccurate? Hey egghead go back to your learn-a-terium. What kicks more ass? Cavemen digging around in their own filth or cavemen being enslaved and using mammoths to build pyramids? If I wanted science and crap I'd watch National Geographic.

10, 000 B.C. is pulp. Pure, stupid, stare slack jawed at the moving pictures, "Oh, what the hell." fun. Does it suck? Yes. Is it awesome? Yes. It's the kind of movie you go see when you visit the family. We saw it on vacation at the only theater in Nacogdoches, TX. Frankly I think the best way to have seen 10,000 B.C. would be at a drive-in theater. Plus if it had been rated R it could have been totally awesome - as is it lacks both nudity and gore.

If you've seen the preview you know what you're getting. This ain't Chekov but it doesn't need to be. I think part of the reason I like the movie so much is because I am imagining Roland Emmerich talking people into making the movie. Sitting around with his producers and saying, "You know, I've always wanted to make a prehistoric movie." It makes me laugh thinking of the pitch and people working on the movie having a good time and saying, "ROFL, we're making a caveman movie!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!