I wouldn't have wanted to see this movie except for the fact that I love insane prehistory tales, weird adventure tales, and ripping yarns. Historically inaccurate? Hey egghead go back to your learn-a-terium. What kicks more ass? Cavemen digging around in their own filth or cavemen being enslaved and using mammoths to build pyramids? If I wanted science and crap I'd watch National Geographic.
10, 000 B.C. is pulp. Pure, stupid, stare slack jawed at the moving pictures, "Oh, what the hell." fun. Does it suck? Yes. Is it awesome? Yes. It's the kind of movie you go see when you visit the family. We saw it on vacation at the only theater in Nacogdoches, TX. Frankly I think the best way to have seen 10,000 B.C. would be at a drive-in theater. Plus if it had been rated R it could have been totally awesome - as is it lacks both nudity and gore.
If you've seen the preview you know what you're getting. This ain't Chekov but it doesn't need to be. I think part of the reason I like the movie so much is because I am imagining Roland Emmerich talking people into making the movie. Sitting around with his producers and saying, "You know, I've always wanted to make a prehistoric movie." It makes me laugh thinking of the pitch and people working on the movie having a good time and saying, "ROFL, we're making a caveman movie!"
Last night I cleaned out my misc quest queue except for a quest to fight a dragon in case someone comes over and wants to see me fight a dra...
You're probably wondering why I am doing a TV review post, or you might not be, *shrug*. As many of you regular readers may know (or RL...
One of our favorite scream queens here at HYR, Jamie Lee Curtis. Still one hell of a good looking woman, must be all that activia s...
Achtung! Spoilers! The long and short? If it hadn't been an addition to the Alien mythos it still would have been a very well poli...
Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (160)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (133)
- ► 2009 (142)
- Nacogdoches: The Oldest Town in Texas a.k.a. "We g...
- X-Files 2 preview.
- Call of Duty 4 (GOTY) avec new maps. Nacogdoches ...
- New speakers? Accepted into SFA? Assorted other ...
- Darkly Dreaming Dexter (2004) Jeff Lindsay
- For you DS owning Guitar Hero fans...
- Thor's Hammer entire store up for grabs?
- Yet another Dune remake and more!
- The Strangers (May 2008) - Trailer
- Bully: Scholarship Edition (2008)
- 10,000 B.C. (2008) dir. Roland Emmerich
- Another plug for Chromehounds and assorted minor i...
- Diary of the Dead (2008) dir. George A Romero
- Gary Gygax: HP 0. Resurrected in better plane.
- Hedgie pic Monday.
- ▼ March (15)