Thursday, June 21, 2007

Possible upcoming reviews and other info.

Season one of Barney Miller is on DVD. This is one of those shows I watched with my Grandpa.

* * *

We're going to see 1408 on Tuesday - not sure where but probably in the 7 o'clock block. If interested please contact me or BC3. Hell. Yeah.


* * *

The Dobie here in Austin is showing the new 35mm rerelease of Labyrinth for the 20th anniversary. Personally I'm with my buddy Frank Whaley on this one:



* * *
If you've never seen Taxi Driver in the theater then you owe it to yourself to see it at the Paramount June 28th & 29th. No you don't have to see it both days. If you've never seen Taxi Driver then well, huh, I guess that's okay. You should see it, then wander the streets drinking peach schnapps and popping speed - make an evening out of it.
* * *
Apparently a 100 foot deep lake in Chile disappeared. No horseshit Jack. The world is coming apart at the seams. We should have listened to Dennis Quaid.
* * *
Upcoming DVD reviews:
War Photographer (2001) dir Christian Frei. A documentary about James Nachtwey - a combat photojournalist. Considering that combat photography is one of my favorite uses of the medium it should be a good depressing watch.
Into the Blue (2005) dir John Stockwell. I don't care, I want to see this movie. I wanted to see it in the theater. Yes, Jessica Alba is in a bikini. And...
Oddly enough I checked Mr. Stockwell's back catalogue. He's directed:
  • Crazy/Beautiful (2001) Kirsten Dunst plays a rich bad daddy's girl who falls for a straight shooter Latino from the wrong side of the tracks. Saw it on the WB one Sunday. Kirsten Dunst is pretty hot.
  • Undercover (1987) I can't...you gotta check this out for yourselves - Undercover.
  • Turistas (2007) Haven't seen it. Not really into torture/horror lately.

* * *

There was another piece of news but I can't remember what it was so...here's a Baroness fan site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!