Saturday, June 02, 2007

My new XBOX360 - Day One.

"I remember Revelations 7:12...'And I looked, and he opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake. And the sun became as black as sack cloth, and the moon became as blood.' "
and then I bought a 360.
I broke down and bought the unholy contraption because the voices told me to. It's actually pretty darn neat. Granted it took me the better part of two hours to rewire and tinker and curse to get everything up and running and I still have some bugs to work out but all in all everything is tip-top. Once I get everything synched up it should be pretty sweet. Until then I'll just have to keep digging through online manuals.
Straight off though I am pretty impressed. The reviewers who commented negatively about the power pack/cord weren't far off - the thing is confusingly immense - Yog Sothoth immense. The fan is louder than the PS2's. Not too much of a big deal yet. Worse comes to worse I can just continue to use the PS2 as a DVD player. The XBOX360 controller is surprisingly comfortable, easy to use, and enjoyable to use. Getting used to a non-PS2 controller is gonna take a little time - maybe one or two good heavy duty gaming days.
I only purchased one game - Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. I've only barely kinda sorta maybe put my toe in the water but this game seems like it's going to be a truly gargantuan RPG. The impression that I get is that you can play anyway you like, wander where you want, and pretty much just go off the deep end. I'm already having a difficult time sticking with my character's race but I'm gonna stick it out for a while and try to get the mechanics under my belt.
I'm sure I'll have much more to blather on about in the upcoming future. For now I will sit here at work, read manuals, and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!