Sunday, September 09, 2012

Slow cooked pork and roasted vegetables

A friend of mine told me he wanted me to make Abuelita J's slow cooked pork yesterday and asked if some other folks could join.  I had absolutely no problem with this but one person is a vegetarian.  Easy enough, I can roast veggies for tacos.

The pork recipe is the same as usual but for the veggies I used:

  • Tasteful Selections purple passion potatoes
  • 1 red bell pepper - julienned
  • 1 yellow bell pepper -  julienned  
  • 1 vidalia onion - rough chop
  • whole lotta garlic cloves - like over a half dozen cloves
  • whole lotta of pureed ginger
  • juice of one large lime
  • kosher salt
  • splash of olive oil in the pan
I boiled the potatoes whilst doing prep work (took less than ten minutes) and then everything went into a cast iron skillet and then into a 350 oven for about fifteen minutes[ish].

Turned out pretty good.  I'm really digging the look of the purple passions.  They look great on the plate and they are tasty.  This combo can stand alone or can be combo'd with the pork (which is what I'm eating a bowl of right now).

No comments:

Post a Comment

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!