- Do not fire a RPG while standing in dry grass. While watching the resultant destruction you will be caught in the brushfire.
- After creating explosions - for example in a roadblock - wait before charging in to mop up. The heat will cook off ammunition crates. This is handy unless you are caught in the explosion, then it is not so handy.
- Far Cry 2 is one of the few games I have played where effective recon is handy during game play. You have the tools, use them.
- Remember, the night time is the right time...for destruction.
Not safety tips:
- Running over gazelles with a Jeep does not cause damage to your vehicle.
- Shooting zebras doesn't really do anything except waste ammo.
- As far as I can tell there are no crocodiles or hippos in the water so don't be afraid to splash around.
- Try to unlock as many of the safe houses as early as you can - some of them have pretty kick ass weapons laying around.
I'm enjoying what time I've had with the game. I think I might actually have to pick this one up.