Wednesday, August 01, 2007

RE5 is racist, MLB2K6 rules, and assorted junk.

Kind of been/will be off the radar a bit for the next couple of days unless something really interesting comes up. I get to have a tooth yanked out of my head on Friday - huzzah! I might be able to get some movie watching in so there may be new releases reviews coming up. I'm also checking out AA meetings and getting that part of my life in order so that takes up a good amount of the thought processes needed to churn out posts. I'm also kind of tired of internet bullshit. People - including myself - are getting worked up over completely pointless issues.

My god, have I turned a corner? Will I become accepting of other peoples' views as valid and worthy of careful consideration? Are there feelings to consider? Pfft I hope not.

In assorted news:

Some poster on Black Looks is all bent out of shape about Resident Evil 5 being set in Africa - says that it's racist. Yeah, stirred up a whole hornet's nest. You should read the article just to get good and annoyed.

Looks like there's an adaptation of Jonah Hex coming out by the guys who put together Crank.

In MLB2K6 I have managed to rack up a decent run 13-3. Last night was one crushing defeat against the Mariners 11-0. Then the last game against the Mariners was a battle until the 9th inning when I managed to scrape together a few runs. Next up is another four games against Oakland. Last time I kicked their asses but I don't want to get over confident.


2 comments:

  1. Good post. Ok, I watched the RE5 trailer, and the thing is, in the context of our country, it really is racially disturbing. It can't really go without comment when you're playing a white guy taking out a population of black people. I don't think it's meant to be indoctrination material for kiddies - in fact it seems clear that Capcom's idea is to visit every zombified nation, which, whatever. Now, having observed the disturbing racial dynamics... if they're zombies? I'm'a kill 'em. But I do prefer to blow the heads off a more diverse population.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure there's racist meaning there if you're looking for it - White Imperialist swine, "We are here to save Africa from the Africans" and what not. You don't battle savages in the jungle anymore a la "Jungle Jim". Hell, when's the last time you saw a Witch Doctor in a game? Not a "Bwana" uttered.

    Most of what we are exposed to in the news, popular media, and general is that great swathes of Africa are run by warlords, assorted loonies, and is pretty much the last place you'd want to go. Not to mention all the awesome diseases you can collect.
    Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!