1) Vacancy opens today. While I am normally a fan of hellbilly motel nightmare movies I get the feeling that nothing bad is going to happen to Luke Wilson or what's-her-name with the ass. I am interested in seeing it because I really like Frank Whaley and director Nimrod Antal's Kontroll (2005) was a great movie. If you are in the need for something to watch I suggest picking up Kontroll - it's weird and stylish enough to be cool but not enough to be annoying. It's well shot, has cool Hungarian actors, and a kick ass techno score.
2) Looks like there's an animated version of Beowulf coming out with Ray Winstone voicing Beowulf and Crispin Glover voicing Grendel. Directed by Zemeckis, I think this has potential. Should be coming out this year or next. We shall see.
3) Scalped from Variety: "In something of a surprise, the Quentin Tarantino/Robert Rodriguez "double bill" Grindhouse, which was expected to compete for the top Palme d'Or prize, will only be represented by the Tarantino half of the feature, Death Proof, which is being expanded to one hour and 50 minutes." While part of me thinks this is absurd and I'm a bit tired of running around the same issues with Grindhouse in a strange way it makes sense.
Death Proof was the weak link Grindhouse but if extended and given some room to work it could be a good movie. Now if Machete can get made then doubled up with Planet Terror then we're gonna have something truly kick ass.
4) No Country for Old Men is also going to play at Cannes. Josh Brolin & Tommy Lee Jones are starring with Javier Bardem playing the bad guy. It has potential especially if the Coens can keep the wacky humour out of it.
5) I had forgotten about Razorback (1984) - an Aussie horror flick about a massive Razorback boar that kills the living shit out of people. I rented it several years ago - thank you Vulcan Video. It really wasn't a bad movie per se, actually it was pretty entertaining. While I was looking at the comments and jive for Razorback I saw information about other Australian horror movies:
Fair Game (1986) Seems like Australian take on the sexploitation revenge movie. Hillbillies terrorize hot chick - apparently she's John Denver's wife before she married John "Fly yes, land no!" Denver. Hot chick flips out and kills the shit out of hillbillies. I've never seen this particular movie but it has a chick where they tie her to the hood and drive around the Outback. Woo!
Dark Age (1987) is about a monstrous croc. The tagline is "Death is only one bite away." I don't know if this one is worth tracking down.
Not much else in the way of news at this current point in time. Hope you kiddos have a good weekend.
Last night I cleaned out my misc quest queue except for a quest to fight a dragon in case someone comes over and wants to see me fight a dra...
You're probably wondering why I am doing a TV review post, or you might not be, *shrug*. As many of you regular readers may know (or RL...
One of our favorite scream queens here at HYR, Jamie Lee Curtis. Still one hell of a good looking woman, must be all that activia s...
HYR poster TiNK asked me if I would help cook for her mother's birthday so I said, "Yeah, sure." I wanted to something reall...
Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (160)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (133)
- ► 2009 (142)
- ► 2008 (170)
- A great review of Next.
- My new PlayStation 3 - Week 1
- The Boondocks win a Peabody!
- Dead I Well May Be - Andrew McKinty
- Most honorable panty shot super happy sparkle figh...
- Who's comin' with me?
- A quick note.
- "...everyone knows, when you make an assumption, y...
- Angry Video Game Nerd & Screw Attack
- The Safety Dance (1982)
- "Is that Freedom Rock? Well, turn it up man!"
- I will lose the last of my childhood...
- Manhunt 2 Official site opens.
- Stolen from Kotaku's site stolen from...
- Kratos, you so crazy!
- Momma's gonna give you a spankin'.
- Happy Birthday Caprica Six!
- Upcoming reviews:
- Here's an awesome article on an awesome site.
- Waiting for Tuesday & assorted weekend update.
- Talk to Me (2007)
- In Soviet Russian burger serves you!
- Summoner 2 (2002)
- ▼ April (23)