Friday, January 28, 2011

Exciting news! Well, exciting news for me.

So this semester is a very intense reading and writing course load, plus I'm gonna have to come up with topics that I can dig through and poke with a stick.  Women's History is going to be the most challenging mainly because my knowledge is pretty limited (though I think I might focus on women travelers/adventurers/travel writers/journalists).  I'm stoked about African American History (though I have to admit I'm beginning to develop an interest in African history - ex. Slave narratives and cultures in the Caribbean and South America).  English 200 - Literature not so much; not because I don't care about literature'n'stuff but because my interests lay in genre fiction and creative non-fiction.  Ethnobiology is gonna be a blast and in all honesty I'm beginning to think that it's the field I am truly interested in, especially in being able to meld my love of food, history, and cultural studies.  Frankly, except for the science stuff of ethnobio, the topics and possibilities for exploring those topics excites me.

More news to follow.  Hope you fine hooligans have a good and safe weekend.


3 comments:

  1. Ahhh... why do you disparage the science stuff? It's alot cooler than you think. Almost magic actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disparage science because it is magic! Sorcery! Dark arts! Plus I can barely manage to count on my fingers. It's also the reason I can't bake.

    Jesting aside, I just don't really have a scientific kind of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought I did until I started thinking of it more as a study of the mechanics of art and mircles... then it gets pretty neat. There's also the whole physics thing where you can plug in numbers to see just how far your projectile will project, that is if one is into projectiles. (I'm thinking nerf or spit balls and not implements of destruction.)

    It's strange about baking, right? It's all about measuring. Making biscotti this weekend as a gift for neighbors that have helped dig us out - repeatedly - we are getting slammed with snow here. Wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!