One thing I really dig about the FPS/RPG crossover is the lack of JRPG random attack screens and thumb numbing menus. Being able to whup a target then and there, loot, and move on makes grinding easier.
I also like being able to avoid enemies that aren't worth the time fighting, in the case of "Borderlands" you can simply crush them under the wheels of your vehicle (once they are unlocked). The vehicle control is a little wonky at first but pretty smooth once you get used to it. They are more tank controls than traditional press A to go.
I'm about to enter the second section of the map, completed all missions in the first part and it took me longer to complete that part than all of Brutal Legend. Hopefully I'll be playing this for awhile. Even better is there are three other characters to play with.
Last night I cleaned out my misc quest queue except for a quest to fight a dragon in case someone comes over and wants to see me fight a dra...
You're probably wondering why I am doing a TV review post, or you might not be, *shrug*. As many of you regular readers may know (or RL...
One of our favorite scream queens here at HYR, Jamie Lee Curtis. Still one hell of a good looking woman, must be all that activia s...
HYR poster TiNK asked me if I would help cook for her mother's birthday so I said, "Yeah, sure." I wanted to something reall...
Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (160)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (133)
- Borderlands trick.
- Other things I like about "Borderlands" and other ...
- Borderlands (2009) First Impressions
- Brutal Legend (2009) Campaign complete review
- Update on the 2009 Holiday Spice Mix.
- Bhut Jolokia, the "ghost chile", the Dorset Naga, ...
- The Tale of Hephaistos (Fiction)
- Trick 'r Treat (2008) Dir. Michael Dougherty
- Sunday dinner: Casserole that you'll actually want...
- House of the Devil (2009) Dir. Ti West
- Abstract: A Brief Examination of Chillies in Pre-C...
- Upcoming reviews and assorted good stuff!
- Brutal Legend (2009)
- ▼ October (13)
- ► 2008 (170)