House of the Devil (2009) is an excellent retro-style horror movie. Set in the 1980s, House of the Devil is a classic babysitter in peril movie. That's the long and short. I honestly feel that saying much about the movie takes away from the experience.
It's a perfect Halloween month movie. House of the Devil is creepy as hell, well shot, solidly acted, and satifyingly bloody without being a splatter flick. It's available for download on XBOX360 but still hasn't come out on netflix.
Last night I cleaned out my misc quest queue except for a quest to fight a dragon in case someone comes over and wants to see me fight a dra...
You're probably wondering why I am doing a TV review post, or you might not be, *shrug*. As many of you regular readers may know (or RL...
One of our favorite scream queens here at HYR, Jamie Lee Curtis. Still one hell of a good looking woman, must be all that activia s...
Achtung! Spoilers! The long and short? If it hadn't been an addition to the Alien mythos it still would have been a very well poli...
Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (160)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (133)
- Borderlands trick.
- Other things I like about "Borderlands" and other ...
- Borderlands (2009) First Impressions
- Brutal Legend (2009) Campaign complete review
- Update on the 2009 Holiday Spice Mix.
- Bhut Jolokia, the "ghost chile", the Dorset Naga, ...
- The Tale of Hephaistos (Fiction)
- Trick 'r Treat (2008) Dir. Michael Dougherty
- Sunday dinner: Casserole that you'll actually want...
- House of the Devil (2009) Dir. Ti West
- Abstract: A Brief Examination of Chillies in Pre-C...
- Upcoming reviews and assorted good stuff!
- Brutal Legend (2009)
- ▼ October (13)
- ► 2008 (170)