Thursday, June 11, 2009

"A Song of Ice & Fire" interactive rights optioned! Huzzah!

Thanks to Amanda for bringing this to my attention.

My favorite fantasy series, George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice & Fire, has been picked up by a French video game studio - Cyanide Studio - that plan to create a RTS and RPG based on the books/verse.

Looks like Cyanide also does a Blood Bowl - a football game set in the Warhammer Fantasy realm - so they aren't a complete hack/fly by night studio.

I'm pretty excited about this development - more excited by the prospect of what the RPG will bring more than the RTS. I have to wonder how many are going to be playing as Crows. Personally I would lean towards a supporter/resident of Winterfell but we all know their track record. Maybe a Lannister if I was feeling Lawful Evil. Hands down, if I can play a character i am picking Sandor Clegane.

1 comment:

  1. i hope sandor resurfaces from monk-dom later in the series.

    ReplyDelete

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!