Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Baked Tofu in BBQ-Sauce w/mushrooms and stir fry.

Why hadn't I thought of this before?

My new - this week - habit is to look in the fridge in the morning and think about what to make for dinner. Yesterday I saw that we still had a block of extra-firm tofu. I like baked tofu, usually marinaded in something spicy. I was looking at what to marinade it in and I saw Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce. Hmmm, yes...yes it could work.

Damn it, it does work. I mixed the Sweet Baby Ray's with minced ginger, soy sauce, hot sauce, sesame seeds, and there was something else - lime juice? We sliced some mushrooms, tossed them with the cubed tofu, tossed all that in the sauce and baked it at 350 for an hour.

For the stir fry we separately sauteed some broccoli and red peppers. You could pretty much sautee any vegetables you wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!