Sunday, June 28, 2009

Friday the 13th (2009) Dir. Marcus Nispel

I have never been a huge fan of the Friday the 13th series. I liked the first one well enough but after that they were pretty...awful frankly. Jason Takes Manhattan? Jason in Space? Jason v Freddy? Yeah, bad. Wretched bad.

I wasn't expecting much from the "reimagining" of Friday the 13th but y'know...it kind of actually kicked ass. Let's break it down:
  1. Hot chicks and all but two of them (the heroines) got topless, and damn near buckass a'nekkid. Not just bottle blond skanks either. It's nice to see such lovely young ladies have such confidence and continuing the long tradition of Melanie Griffiths and Jamie Lee Curtises.
  2. Amanda Righetti.
  3. America Olivo.
  4. Willa Ford.
  5. Gore and one particular death that, as a horror fan, I really enjoyed. You'll know it when you see it.
  6. I have to admit that I liked the acting, certainly they were people I wanted to see impaled/sliced/diced, but still. I am surprised, even the naked chicks were acting.
  7. There were a couple of moments that were actually kind of tense. Not nail biting but, "Look out motherfucker! Jason's gonna get you! Run bitch run!"
  8. In Friday the 13th there were no fucking spooky Japanese chicks with unconditioned hair walking on the ceiling, climbing out a TV, or calling on a cell phone.
  9. It was far better than Hatchet.

Like I always say, I wasn't expecting Cherry Orchard or Shakespeare (though come to think of it Shakespeare has a lot of gore and T&A). I certainly wasn't expecting to enjoy Friday the 13th as much as I did. It had all I needed from an American slasher movie. T&A, gore, cheap scares. It's like a Big Mac, fries, and a Coke. Ultimately garbage but enjoyable for the short time you have together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!