Tuesday, November 04, 2008

"People comma we the!"

Blah, blah, blah Fallout 3 is awesome blah, blah, blah.
The last post about Fallout 3 for awhile, I promise. No honestly.
I want to get a screen capture up of my character now that she has an awesome hat. Yeah that's right, an awesome hat.

Fallout 3 keeps expanding on me - every time I complete one quest I unlock two more.
Being rewarded for skills I like to use is a real joy. I realize that sounds absurd but in most rpgs being a weenie brainiac/stealth/sniper/conversationalist is pretty much a death sentence for a good part of the game.
Now that my skills are improving I am able to do some real damage and when I use a scope the crosshairs stay pretty much where they are supposed to. The combat shotgun is one of my favorite weapons - the line from Aliens always pops in my head, "I like to keep it handy for close encounters." It's funny because Close Encounters of the Third Kind...it's... whatever. Most of the heavy weapons I sell because I'm too much of a pussweed to use them effectively.
The score and soundtrack are both tip-top. I have turned off the score - it was a bit...melodramatic and I'm more a fan of ambient noise. Plus I like to hear what's coming ahead of time. You tote around a radio and can pick up stations. One station is bizarre pro-America rambling from the President (narrated by Malcolm McDowell). The other station I picked up is a mixture of blues, jazz, and big band. I listen to that when I'm just trekking around town.
One problem I'm running into with the game and apparently it's a common glitch: NPCs are disappearing from Megaton. It's kind of a pain in the ass because I have all this scrap metal collected to sell him. Pinche NPC.
Fun tip: On the upstairs level of Sheriff Lucas Simms' house, there is a trap door in the ceiling.
There's also some hilarious dialogue about the skewed vision of American history in a post-apocalytic world. If I can find it on the net I'll post it here.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:58 AM

    i love fallout 3 better than vegas the map is bigger and there is better things to find and explore and the weapon system is easyer and i like the enclave too bad there is not a storyline to aid the enclave

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still a huge fan of 3 (though most of the DLC was shite) and while I enjoyed Vegas I haven't felt compelled to pick up the DLC, even with the complete edition coming out in February.

    Thanks for commenting! Happy gaming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:29 PM

    What does "People comma we the" mean?

    ReplyDelete

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!