Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"Da plane! Da plane!"

Yes. Yes I did.

Yes that is my skillet.

I might be one of the last of my friends to get a tattoo. The initial shock of getting ink hasn't worn off yet. For a long, long time I took pride in not having any tattoos. Hell, I've know Jews with more ink than me. For some reason though now was the time.

The design was something I came up with while doodling in Poli Sci. People are asking me what the meaning is. If you know me then you get the point.

For those of you who don't - cooking has basically changed my life. Changed my life for the better. Well, unless you count the fact that I have yet another aspect of life to argue and be uppity about. I love cooking. I love food. Now I love getting tattooed and thanks to my research I now have a love of Victorian cutlery.

"Did it hurt?"

Compared to what? The time I smashed my head - y'know that one time? The lung infection that nearly killed me? Self-mutilation? Falling out of a tree and landing on a stone wall? Getting sun poisoning? High school? Cutting a divot out of my thumb? Watching The Core? Cleaning up shit -no literally human scat - at Barnes & Noble?

Yes, getting a tattoo hurts. It's a fucking needle covered in ink getting jammed into your skin a bajillion times a second. Actually it doesn't really hurt that much. Maybe if I got my eyelids tattooed or my taint inked - that would really hurt.

The main problem is the blood and the pus that sprays everywhere. That and the midget who dances around you whacking you on the funny bone.

In all seriousness, getting my first tattoo was completely awesome. I strongly suggest not getting a Disney character...unless it's a Man's Ruin tattoo with Tweety Bird.

By the by I'm already planning my next tattoo.

If you're in Nacogdoches and planning on getting a tattoo then I strongly recommend Tat-2-Majik. Amanda's ink looks absolutely stunning and my tattoo looks totally wicked bitchin'. Plus the guys are Joe Strummer and Trojan Records fans. Cheers to ya guys.

4 comments:

  1. -Firstly:
    Josh, that looks awesome.
    -Secondly:
    Getting a tattoo does hurt but if you know you have a higher pain tolerance than anyone one you know, or the opposite then you know if it will hurt you more than you can handle.
    Its just a comfortable type of pain to me, unlike bending back a fingernail or stubbing your toe so bad all the swear words you know won't make you feel better.
    Pain is sort of the point, in my opinion.
    -Thirdly:
    I laughed a little when you said you now love getting getting tattooed...only cause I know exactly what you mean.

    The guys at Tat-2-Majic were genuinely friendly and easy going, I have been to a few tattoo shops and by far to me this shop (and seeing Amanda and Josh) is totally worth the 4 hour drive.

    I can't wait to see your next tattoo Josh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Hell, I've know Jews with more ink than me."

    heh..how YOU doin :)

    but that tattoo is fucking awesome

    welcome to the dark side

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:32 PM

    Trust me, you're not the last of your friends to get ink. Those Jews still have more ink than me. And they'll continue to have more ink than me. I don't like pain. It hurts me.
    I like yours, man. I, like you, believe in food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm actually thinking about getting Taz riding a 4-wheeler through a rebel flag on my taint.

    ReplyDelete

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!