Friday, November 21, 2008

"The Lizard-Spock Expansion"

So if you don't watch "Big Bang Theory," you are missing out. I understand that many people don't like sitcoms for various reasons(and believe me, I used to be one of you), but this show manages to elevate the genre.

They get everything right: fresh jokes, great ensemble cast, actors committing 100% to their characters. This week's episode exemplified all of this.

And here's one little example of why I love "Big Bang Theory":

"The Lizard-Spock Expansion"
*photo stolen from the AV Club review.

Here's how it works: Scissors cuts paper. Paper covers rock. Rock crushes lizard. Lizard poisons Spock. Spock smashes scissors. Scissors decapitates lizard. Lizard eats paper. Paper disproves Spock. Spock vaporizes rock. And as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

Thank you, Sheldon, thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:19 PM

    Really? Really?! Big Bang Theory? The last time I saw that show it was every stereotype of a geek and I was calling every joke before they made it. It was as if someone who hated geeks was writing exactly what they thought geeks were like. Did they change writers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, really.
    Because I am proud of my geekiness but not too proud to laugh at it. :P
    I really don't think that the show is making stereotypes from a place of hate. They're not portraying the guys as abnormal and laughing at their expense. It's just funny. Because adding Lizard and Spock to Rock-Paper-Scissors is funny. And arguing about the Star Trek movies is funny. And driving the Mars rover into a ditch is funny.
    So there. :P

    ReplyDelete

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!