Yeah. We downloaded this on a Sunday afternoon because there wasn't anything good on Oxygen or HGTV.
Fool's Gold is not a bad movie - a la Six Days Seven Nights - when the chips are down. Senor "No shirt" Matthew McConaughey doesn't wear a shirt or shoes for most of the movie. You know something? If I was built like him I wouldn't wear a shirt either so there. Kate Hudson is adorable and pretty scrappy - she hits a guy in the crotch with a shovel. This is one of those movies where the cast is just having fun. Shit, hanging out in the Caribbean on yachts and drinking and diving and generally yukking it up? Sign me up.
It really is a lot better than it has any right to be though I wish there were sharks. Into the Blue had sharks and Jessica Alba. Oh yeah and Kate Hudson hits a guy in the crotch with a shovel.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Fool's Gold (2008) dir. Andy Tennant
Last night I cleaned out my misc quest queue except for a quest to fight a dragon in case someone comes over and wants to see me fight a dra...
You're probably wondering why I am doing a TV review post, or you might not be, *shrug*. As many of you regular readers may know (or RL...
One of our favorite scream queens here at HYR, Jamie Lee Curtis. Still one hell of a good looking woman, must be all that activia s...
HYR poster TiNK asked me if I would help cook for her mother's birthday so I said, "Yeah, sure." I wanted to something reall...
Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (160)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (133)
- ► 2009 (142)
- Fallout 3 continued initial impressions.
- Initial squeeing (aka enthusiastic) impressions of...
- Normally lolspeak makes want to gouge out my eyes ...
- Saint's Row 2 (2008)
- Apologies for the construction.
- Out of the pan and into the fryer.
- This is truly the sandwich of a warrior.
- Guy Ritchie directs Sherlock Holmes movie...
- Fool's Gold (2008) dir. Andy Tennant
- Cold Creek Manor (2003) dir Mike Figgis
- Silent Hill: Homecoming (2008) XBOX360 Double Heli...
- "With shovels and rakes and other implements of de...
- Josh Brolin to be Jonah Hex? Dude! Sweet!
- A new incarnation of "V" - effing sweet!
- Pinche mathematicos y Friday update.
- Roller Derby paper. Part 1(?)
- Yay cat pictures!
- What do I do with a broken kitchen table, a wire r...
- What's goin' on Schenectady?
- "Classic" HYR finds:
- Puzzle Quest: Galactrix site has trailers!
- ▼ October (21)