Friday, March 02, 2007

Shadowrun...the FPS...sigh.

I've been hearing bits and pieces about Shadowrun for the X360 for a while now. After finding out that it's an FPS I was pretty disappointed. While it looks pretty cool and could potentially be a good game - Deus Ex was an excellent cyberpunk RPG/FPS game from a couple of years ago. Shadowrun has the look of a run and gun with magic. Check out the trailers.

Part of the reason I'm not geared up for the newest version is because Data East's Shadowrun (1993)was so completely awesome. Not just nostalgia awesome either - this game is the cortex bomb. I hadn't played anything like this game before and I really don't think I've played anything like it since. The level of complexity, character interaction, storyline, music and good old fashioned cyberpunk. I played this game into the ground several times and always think about buying a SNES just so I can play this.



I'm not sure what country used the box art on the left but it sure does suck and yet some how rock at the same time. Probably because it looks like something I would have drawn in 10th grade...uh...yeah? So?

Oh yeah - just so we don't forget the Sega Genesis Shadowrun game was the suckiest suck to ever suck a suck.





2 comments:

  1. Yeah, tell me about it. FPS my ass!

    I actually saw an encouraging piece on it. You do build your character and buy upgrades and learn spells. There is a bit of character building and growth.

    We shall see.

    P.S.- SNES version was the shiiiit! Get it on emulators for your PC, that's what I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the second box's cover art...fucking fabulously shitty!

    ReplyDelete

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!