I had never seen Dreyer's The Passion of Joan of Arc but was fortunate enough to see it in class on Thursday. It was...I'm not sure how to describe it and I'm not sure if I like it but it was an overwhelming piece of cinema. If you're serious about cinema and haven't seen it then you must ASAP.
However, and as I listen to it now, Richard Einhorn's Voices of Light score for the film is now in my top ten favorite scores. It is made up of choir, cello, and a few instruments I can't easily identify. There are more than a few of you fine folks who I know who would appreciate this score. Anything I could say would not do it justice.
Last night I cleaned out my misc quest queue except for a quest to fight a dragon in case someone comes over and wants to see me fight a dra...
You're probably wondering why I am doing a TV review post, or you might not be, *shrug*. As many of you regular readers may know (or RL...
One of our favorite scream queens here at HYR, Jamie Lee Curtis. Still one hell of a good looking woman, must be all that activia s...
Achtung! Spoilers! The long and short? If it hadn't been an addition to the Alien mythos it still would have been a very well poli...
Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (160)
- ► 2011 (179)
- Fallout New Vegas - the pre-seventh inning stretch...
- Fallout: New Vegas (hours 6-11)
- Fallout: New Vegas - very first impressions.
- Spicy chicken, stuffing, and beans: an experiment
- Isolation (2005) Dir. Billy O'Brien
- Addendum: Dan Savage's "It Gets Better" campaign
- Hooligan Youth United: A fairly serious post, at l...
- I worry this next food experiment might cause...
- New in Nacogdoches! Tabu Coffee!
- A much better write up than mine...
- Crawlspace (1986) Dir. David Schmoeller
- Observations and comments (and a few gripes) about...
- The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928): Dir. Carl Theod...
- The General (1926) Dir. Buster Keaton
- ▼ October (14)
- ► 2009 (142)
- ► 2008 (170)