|So last night I started a brand new character in Dragon Age: Origins. I also deleted almost all of my other character files. Additionally, I am going to leave the difficultly level at Nightmare.|
I have come to the realization that crafting in Dragon Age: Origins is pretty much pointless, unless you create a character who has no combat skills and can only wear the very lightest of armor. One of my character files was a craftsman, building traps, poisons, and had the ranger/summon animal ability for back up. I think that may work for some games, in particular a non-party based RPG, but for DA:O it's not a practical skill set. Sure, you can stealth up to the enemy area, set up traps, chuck a grenade at the baddies and then haul ass back to the party ambush but it's often just as easy to have "clobberin' time". Plus I got sick having a total wuss as a character who spends more time running away than anything else.
Maybe I haven't taken full advantage of the tactical skill sets but most of the time I can have a crew that will put a serious dent in whatever they come across by just sending one poor bastard out in front and having the rest hang back and shoot or spell cast.
My new character is yet another rogue. This time I specialized in the following:
I also shifted Alistair over to the two hand weapons speciality instead of sword and shield. Snikity-snak.
I will see how this plays out. I might end up having a rogue based team (Mr.Joshua, Leliana, Zevran, and someone else - maybe Morrigan or Wynne) just to see how it plays. It might be a bit squishy but I might also have some tactical fun with that set-up.
Either that or I might just start another character.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Dragon Age: Origins tips and tricks (mild spoilers) and character creation musings...
Last night I cleaned out my misc quest queue except for a quest to fight a dragon in case someone comes over and wants to see me fight a dra...
You're probably wondering why I am doing a TV review post, or you might not be, *shrug*. As many of you regular readers may know (or RL...
One of our favorite scream queens here at HYR, Jamie Lee Curtis. Still one hell of a good looking woman, must be all that activia s...
Achtung! Spoilers! The long and short? If it hadn't been an addition to the Alien mythos it still would have been a very well poli...
Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (160)
- ► 2011 (179)
- Mass Effect 2 (2010) Bioware, XBOX 360: First Impr...
- Metro 2033 Story Trailer = AWESOME!
- Hooligan Youth: new and improved Rogue/Ranger in D...
- Dragon Age: Origins tips and tricks (mild spoilers...
- Darksiders (2010) - Vigil Games
- Sherlock Holmes (2009) Dir. Guy Ritchie
- Dragon Age: Origins Return to Ostagar XBOX 360 DLC...
- Level Caps: Yay or nay? I say Yay.
- I declare a moratorium on:
- Franklyn (2008) Dir Gerald McMorrow
- The Rhyming Chef is one of my favorites.
- Sunday Cooking: A long and involved recipe involvi...
- Borderlands: Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot & the Zomb...
- Robocop...I still love you.
- RPGS: thoughts, comments, pipe dreams (plus a repo...
- Hooligan Youth Reviews kind of sort of favorite/be...
- Okay...looks like Blogger is having technical diff...
- Dragon Age: Origins "Return to Ostagar" delayed an...
- Land of the Lost (2009) Dir. Brad Silberling
- Avatar (2009) Dir. James Cameron
- Bayonetta & Dante's Inferno Demo reviews
- Assassin's Creed II (2009)
- ▼ January (22)
- ► 2009 (142)
- ► 2008 (170)