|Darksiders is a must play. Not necessarily a "must buy" or "sell a kidney" but there's something about the game that is very damned enjoyable. |
There's some plot about something, something balance something, something player character is The Horseman War something, something...whatever. You're a gnarly ass-kicker who is regaining his powers in order to put the hurt on the big bad guy.
Playing the game is really fun. Yes, ripping demons and angels apart with swords, scythes, and other goodies is fun. Sure it will remind you of other games but Darksiders has taken the well done elements of games and crafted an experience worth having. The puzzles get head scratching combing a newly learned skill with previously learned skills. The boss fights can be frustrating until you find their weakness. There are gates to open, gates to close, things to push, climb, etc. Some how the folks over at Vigil Games have made it seem fresh and fun.
Darksiders isn't an easy game per se. Some of the platforming sections pissed me off but only because I am not great at platforming sections. Other parts of the game have made up for it though. In particular, one part involves closing a gate by defeating a large number of foes - basically an arena fight. However, each gate requires a different goal and each goal is made easier or more difficult depending on which weapons you have at your disposal. Simple variation, huh, keep gameplay fresh, who'da thunk?
I'm only about a third of the way through the game. I had to take a break last night to play Dragon Age: Origins RTO and wolf down some food. Plus one jumping sequence made me want to punch myself in the groin.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Last night I cleaned out my misc quest queue except for a quest to fight a dragon in case someone comes over and wants to see me fight a dra...
You're probably wondering why I am doing a TV review post, or you might not be, *shrug*. As many of you regular readers may know (or RL...
One of our favorite scream queens here at HYR, Jamie Lee Curtis. Still one hell of a good looking woman, must be all that activia s...
Achtung! Spoilers! The long and short? If it hadn't been an addition to the Alien mythos it still would have been a very well poli...
Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (160)
- ► 2011 (179)
- Mass Effect 2 (2010) Bioware, XBOX 360: First Impr...
- Metro 2033 Story Trailer = AWESOME!
- Hooligan Youth: new and improved Rogue/Ranger in D...
- Dragon Age: Origins tips and tricks (mild spoilers...
- Darksiders (2010) - Vigil Games
- Sherlock Holmes (2009) Dir. Guy Ritchie
- Dragon Age: Origins Return to Ostagar XBOX 360 DLC...
- Level Caps: Yay or nay? I say Yay.
- I declare a moratorium on:
- Franklyn (2008) Dir Gerald McMorrow
- The Rhyming Chef is one of my favorites.
- Sunday Cooking: A long and involved recipe involvi...
- Borderlands: Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot & the Zomb...
- Robocop...I still love you.
- RPGS: thoughts, comments, pipe dreams (plus a repo...
- Hooligan Youth Reviews kind of sort of favorite/be...
- Okay...looks like Blogger is having technical diff...
- Dragon Age: Origins "Return to Ostagar" delayed an...
- Land of the Lost (2009) Dir. Brad Silberling
- Avatar (2009) Dir. James Cameron
- Bayonetta & Dante's Inferno Demo reviews
- Assassin's Creed II (2009)
- ▼ January (22)
- ► 2009 (142)
- ► 2008 (170)