Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday Dinner: tasty stuffed peppers.

Well, it's been a little while since I made a Sunday Dinner with plans for leftovers. I love stuffed peppers, chile relleno, Stouffer's, and everything inbetween. I didn't intend for these stuffed peppers to come out the way they did but I am happier with the results than my normal generic stuffed peppers. Just to let you know I kind of made this recipe up as I went with stuff I just had in my kitchen.

Joshua's Texican Stuffed Peppers:

Filling:

  • 1/2 package of chorizo
  • 1/2 lb of ground chuck
  • 1 yellow onion
  • 1/4 cup Zatarain's Dehydrated Sweet Bell Peppers
  • 1/2 bunch of cilantro - chopped
  • 2 tablespoons of Joshua's Spice Mix - order now!
  • punch of salt
  • 1 10oz can of Rotel
  • 1 10 can of regular gringo diced tomatoes
  • 1 small box/can of tomato sauce
  • 1 diced Bell Pepper
  • 1 cup uncooked short grain rice
  • 2 cups chicken stock

4 big Bell Peppers

1 bag of shredded "Mexican" cheese

Slapping it all together:

  1. Get a pot, not huge but big enough for you to make a big batch of meat and sauce in. Start heating up the pan - medium heat. I didn't bother using any oil or butter.
  2. Slice up the onion nice and thin. Brown.
  3. Add chorizo. Brown.
  4. Add ground chuck. Brown.
  5. Throw in Joshua's Spice Mix, Dehydrated Sweet Bell Peppers, chopped cilantro. Cook everything - keep the mess moving, don't let it burn.
  6. Open cans of tomatoes and sauce. Pour all that in the pot. Mix. Lower the heat and keep stirring now and then.
  7. Start prepping the bell peppers. Dice one for the mix and throw that in. Take the other peppers, chop just the tops off and 86 them. We don't need them.
  8. Brown the uncooked rice in another pan, like the one you make rice in. If you don't want to brown the rice, well...don't. Hell, use whatever kind of rice you want.
  9. Keep the meat and stuff at low low heat. Make your rice. Preheat the oven to 350.
  10. When the rice is done mix it all in with the rest of the filling.
  11. Fill the bell peppers with the mix. Leave just enough room at the top for a layer of cheese.
  12. Layer on a bunch of cheese. Don't be scairt of the cheese.
  13. Put the peppers in the oven for about 20-30 minutes.
  14. Remove from oven.
  15. Eat.
  16. Put away leftovers. There will be a lot of leftovers of the mix. That is good.

If try this out let me know what you think or what you changed. I think the next time I make this I will use red or yellow peppers as well as green.



No comments:

Post a Comment

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!