I first learned of Jimmy Cliff from the Ska All Over the World compilation - the rerelease not the original LP - and I first learned of The Clash from Combat Rock. I wish that Dad had been cool enough to have London Calling but, well, all he had was Combat Rock on cassette. Come to think of it he probably stole it from my Aunt.
I was dicking around in cyberspace - I have come to the decision I am going to call "The Internet" cyberspace - and listening to The Clash's cover of The Maytals' "Pressure Drop". Now don't get me wrong I love The Clash version but The Maytals version has a sound that stirs up the good stuff from the pot of nostalgia stew. I had a moment of confusion finding the album "Pressure Drop" featured on - The Harder They Come. Did I put it in soundtracks or with other Jimmy Cliff albums?
I was just going to listen to "Pressure Drop" but the album started playing auto. I had almost forgetten how good this soundtrack was. This was the soundtrack that made Jamaican music blow up - internationally - in 1972.
I'm digging through a few books and liner notes at the moment but should come up with something solid in a few shakes of lamb's tail.
Last night I cleaned out my misc quest queue except for a quest to fight a dragon in case someone comes over and wants to see me fight a dra...
You're probably wondering why I am doing a TV review post, or you might not be, *shrug*. As many of you regular readers may know (or RL...
One of our favorite scream queens here at HYR, Jamie Lee Curtis. Still one hell of a good looking woman, must be all that activia s...
HYR poster TiNK asked me if I would help cook for her mother's birthday so I said, "Yeah, sure." I wanted to something reall...
Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (160)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (133)
- Puzzle Quest: Galactrix (DS) 2009
- Are Violent Video Games Adequately Preparing Chil...
- GTA IV: The Lost and the Damned (XBOX360 DLC 2009)...
- Need some feedback from you folks:
- The History of Liberty City - Part 2.
- History of Liberty City Quiz!
- History of Liberty City Part 1.
- Warning to the City of New Orleans:
- Sunday Dinner: tasty stuffed peppers.
- DS Reviews! Chrono Trigger (2008) & Age of Empire...
- Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad: XBOX 360 D3 Pub...
- Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage
- Why I love Persona 4.
- A few brief comments about "The Harder They Come"....
- A half hearted review and an upcoming review...
- The Lilies
- ▼ February (16)
- ► 2008 (170)