While I wasn't as wet my pants enthused about the new downloadable content (DLC) for GTA IV - due to disappointing DLC for pretty much any game except for Elder Scrolls: Oblivion - I was looking forward to the possibility of playing something new on the 360.
Boy, I was wrong in not being wet my pants excited. GTA IV: The Lost and Damned (TLAD) sets the bar for what DLC should be like. TLAD is not just a new pair of pants and a couple of crummy missions - it could be it's own game. Rockstar could have charged a lot more than $20 for this release. New characters, new storyline, improved physics on bike handling, new vehicles, new weapons, new music, new missions, and a slew of other stuff. I haven't checked out the online play because well, a lot of the players online aren't all that grand.
TLAD revolves around Jon - VP of "The Lost" biker gang - and his dealings with the gang and his less than wonderful life. The story - chronologically - runs parallel to Nico's. I like the two story lines running this way. There are occasionally news bulletins about what's going on in Nico's storyline - i.e. Arson in Firefly Island. I'm trying to take my time and not just tear through the story.
There's all kinds of GTA goodness to be had in this download. I haven't found any faults yet but I will report them when I do - pending final impressions review.
Oh yeah, if you haven't heard, there's full frontal male nudity in TLAD. M-O-O-N that spells exposed tackle. If that bothers you don't watch Forgetting Sarah Marshall either.
Last night I cleaned out my misc quest queue except for a quest to fight a dragon in case someone comes over and wants to see me fight a dra...
You're probably wondering why I am doing a TV review post, or you might not be, *shrug*. As many of you regular readers may know (or RL...
One of our favorite scream queens here at HYR, Jamie Lee Curtis. Still one hell of a good looking woman, must be all that activia s...
Achtung! Spoilers! The long and short? If it hadn't been an addition to the Alien mythos it still would have been a very well poli...
Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (160)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (133)
- Puzzle Quest: Galactrix (DS) 2009
- Are Violent Video Games Adequately Preparing Chil...
- GTA IV: The Lost and the Damned (XBOX360 DLC 2009)...
- Need some feedback from you folks:
- The History of Liberty City - Part 2.
- History of Liberty City Quiz!
- History of Liberty City Part 1.
- Warning to the City of New Orleans:
- Sunday Dinner: tasty stuffed peppers.
- DS Reviews! Chrono Trigger (2008) & Age of Empire...
- Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad: XBOX 360 D3 Pub...
- Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage
- Why I love Persona 4.
- A few brief comments about "The Harder They Come"....
- A half hearted review and an upcoming review...
- The Lilies
- ▼ February (16)
- ► 2008 (170)