Tuesday, February 24, 2009

GTA IV: The Lost and the Damned (XBOX360 DLC 2009)

While I wasn't as wet my pants enthused about the new downloadable content (DLC) for GTA IV - due to disappointing DLC for pretty much any game except for Elder Scrolls: Oblivion - I was looking forward to the possibility of playing something new on the 360.

Boy, I was wrong in not being wet my pants excited. GTA IV: The Lost and Damned (TLAD) sets the bar for what DLC should be like. TLAD is not just a new pair of pants and a couple of crummy missions - it could be it's own game. Rockstar could have charged a lot more than $20 for this release. New characters, new storyline, improved physics on bike handling, new vehicles, new weapons, new music, new missions, and a slew of other stuff. I haven't checked out the online play because well, a lot of the players online aren't all that grand.

TLAD revolves around Jon - VP of "The Lost" biker gang - and his dealings with the gang and his less than wonderful life. The story - chronologically - runs parallel to Nico's. I like the two story lines running this way. There are occasionally news bulletins about what's going on in Nico's storyline - i.e. Arson in Firefly Island. I'm trying to take my time and not just tear through the story.

There's all kinds of GTA goodness to be had in this download. I haven't found any faults yet but I will report them when I do - pending final impressions review.

Oh yeah, if you haven't heard, there's full frontal male nudity in TLAD. M-O-O-N that spells exposed tackle. If that bothers you don't watch Forgetting Sarah Marshall either.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'm downloading this now. I've been replaying GTA IV (hunting down all those pigeons), and my chopper skillz are refined and ready!

    ReplyDelete

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!