Sunday, June 03, 2012

"What's your favorite movie?"

Chances are if you're a movie buff/geek/nerd/addict/snob/mouth-breather/any other subspecies, you have gotten asked that question.  Now, I dunno about you fine folks but I always have to ask what genre?  Like, do you mean decade?  I'm not splitting hairs, I just love categorizing stuff.  Then finally, when I pick something out of a hat the person goes, "Oh."

So I'm gonna do a top whatever of my favorite movies across all genres based on this qualifier, I can watch this movie anytime (at least once or twice a year) and enjoy it.  This is not in any order, and these might not be my favorite movies/films (those which made a strong impact on me or I deeply enjoyed/took an experience away but never rewatch are not included i.e. Suzuki Seijun's Branded to Kill) but they are the ones I have on regular rotation.

  1. Master and Commander - I'll just throw this movie one while I'm playing EVE.  It makes me feel salty.
  2. Rango - the newest addition to the rotation
  3. Big Trouble in Little China - I don't need to explain myself to you
  4. Altered - one of the best horror/sci-fi movies to come out in the last decade
  5. The Lord of the Rings (Director's Cut) - usually on long cooking days
  6. Braveheart - cleaning day movie.  Best line, "God seyz I'm fine but yer fooked."
  7. The Skeleton Key - creeps the shit out of people.  I love it.
  8. The Last of the Mohicans - I think I need to write about this movie and what I feel is a companion piece in another post.  I'm gonna watch this when I get home.
  9. The Missing - Tommy Lee Jones in one of my favorite Weird Westerns.
  10. (edit) The Dualists - I actually watch that far more often than Robocop - as awesome as Robocop is.
There, the ten movies I watch several times a year.  Truth be told sometimes I'll just put them on and watch with one eye while I'm on the computer or puttering around the house.

add: If I had Barry Lyndon on DVD I would proably watch that pretty often but I don't so I don't.


No comments:

Post a Comment

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!