So I overcooked my beef roast the other day, which kind of sucked. I got kind of pissed and just poured a beer over it and put in a couple of teaspoons of beef stock concentrate and kept cooking it. The next day I added more water and a bag of mirepoix. It was pretty darned tasty. Today I added two diced Scotch Bonnets and a cup of rice to the mix. It's hot but it's pretty friggin good. Sometimes the simplest things can salvage a potentially lost meal.
Last night I cleaned out my misc quest queue except for a quest to fight a dragon in case someone comes over and wants to see me fight a dra...
You're probably wondering why I am doing a TV review post, or you might not be, *shrug*. As many of you regular readers may know (or RL...
One of our favorite scream queens here at HYR, Jamie Lee Curtis. Still one hell of a good looking woman, must be all that activia s...
Achtung! Spoilers! The long and short? If it hadn't been an addition to the Alien mythos it still would have been a very well poli...
Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!
- ► 2013 (36)
- Maybe I shouldn't play pen and paper RPGs...
- On the lamb...
- Supper clubs and underground dining.
- Assorted things und schtuffs
- Bookseller humor
- Wreck-It Ralph Official Trailer
- Beef and vegetable soup/stew with rice and Scotch ...
- "What's your favorite movie?"
- Watching cult movies with someone watching them fo...
- Hooligan Youth Reviews: the facebookening
- The Woman in Black (2012) dir James Watkins
- ▼ June (11)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (133)
- ► 2009 (142)
- ► 2008 (170)