Friday, July 31, 2009

Three meals from one (or two) chicken(s)? Tell me more!

Yes Virginia, you can get three (or more)meals from one (or more) chicken.

  1. Spicy braised chicken.
  2. BBQ Chicken Nachos.
  3. Not your bubbie's chicken soup.

This is easy folks, and we all know I like easy. All you really need is:

  • Chicken, either whole, quartered, boneless, frozen, whatever the hell you want. I would say about 2-3 lbs. If you don't want to screw around with bones just buy thighs, chop them up and there you go.
  • 1 lg can of diced tomatoes or two small cans. Whatever.
  • Two heaping tablespoons of my spice mix. Now available for order.
  • 1 large onion, chopped.
  • 1 bulb garlic, mashed cloves. I used to mash the cloves with the edge of my knife like the folks on the TV. Now I just smash them with my fist. My fists are then hammers with which to destroy the living dead and mosquitos.
  • About 2 cups of chicken stock, I think that's a cans worth.

Put everything into one pot. Cover cook either in the oven at about 300 for a couple of hours (I'd say two or three) or on the stove top for awhile.

Take out all the chicken. Shred it or chop it or dice it whatever you feel like doing. I'm a shredded chicken fan. Keep about a third out and put the rest back in the pot. Leave the oven, you'll see why...

Now with the shredded chicken you have kept out:

  • Place chicken in bowl - preferably one large enough to mix in.
  • Pour a healthy amount of your favorite bbq sauce over the chicken.
  • pour about a cup of the liquid the chicken cooked in to the bowl.
  • Add some hot sauce or chili flakes if you want.
  • Mix it up.
  • Place tortilla chips on a pan. Add cheese and whatever you want. Now place the chicken on the chips. BBQ-Chicken nachos.

More to follow soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!