Saturday, July 04, 2009

Oh great, a new musical interest.

Just a quick question for you kind folks:

What do you know about traditional cooking music?

Hear me out. There are many songs for many tasks, from sea shanties to chain gangs to whistling while you dust the Dwarven commune, yet what are cooking songs? Are there songs specifically sung while cooking?

I assume there are but a cursory internet search brings up zilch. I did find some domestic work songs, one particular gem by Hattie Burleson. Ted Giola's Work Songs has some interesting points but nothing relating specifically to cooking songs. Hell, I have been unable to find any songs by or about bakers.

If anyone has any input please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!