Just a quick question for you kind folks:
What do you know about traditional cooking music?
Hear me out. There are many songs for many tasks, from sea shanties to chain gangs to whistling while you dust the Dwarven commune, yet what are cooking songs? Are there songs specifically sung while cooking?
I assume there are but a cursory internet search brings up zilch. I did find some domestic work songs, one particular gem by Hattie Burleson. Ted Giola's Work Songs has some interesting points but nothing relating specifically to cooking songs. Hell, I have been unable to find any songs by or about bakers.
If anyone has any input please let me know.
Last night I cleaned out my misc quest queue except for a quest to fight a dragon in case someone comes over and wants to see me fight a dra...
You're probably wondering why I am doing a TV review post, or you might not be, *shrug*. As many of you regular readers may know (or RL...
One of our favorite scream queens here at HYR, Jamie Lee Curtis. Still one hell of a good looking woman, must be all that activia s...
Achtung! Spoilers! The long and short? If it hadn't been an addition to the Alien mythos it still would have been a very well poli...
Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (160)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (133)
- "Not Your Bubbie's Chicken Soup" : Chicken meals P...
- Three meals from one (or two) chicken(s)? Tell me...
- Yet another blog...
- Saints Row 2 (2008) Second review
- Watchmen (2009) Zach Snyder
- New blog for you folks to check out:
- Released information and date for the final Fallou...
- Two long overdue reviews: Dead Space and Prototype...
- French trailer for "Inglourious Basterds"
- Oh great, a new musical interest.
- ▼ July (11)
- ► 2008 (170)