Like my grandpa used to say, "There's another Thanksgiving shot in the ass." but in a good way. It used to piss me off when he would say that but now I'm beginning to appreciate the sentiment. There's lots of work and build up and what not and then it's over. "Is that all there is to Thanksgiving?"
Actually Thanksgiving was a good time. Thanks to Bart & Sarah for cooking and letting me use the grill - I made beef ribs. They were pretty good. Friday went off without a hitch - this year I realized that prep work makes cooking much easier. I might put up a post on the food site.
Better than feeding and fellowship and hugging fun I got to spend some serious time playing Mass Effect.
How good is Mass Effect? Well...if you like sci-fi space opera RPG talkies with some action, a lot of sci-fi codex mumbo jumbo, and a game that will suck up all your free time to the point you don't want to eat - Ctrl+Alt+Del has a good comic about this - then you might want to pick up this game.
The appeal of Mass Effect really comes down to the story and the ability to shape and direct conversations with NPCs. If you've played KOTOR then you'll know what you're in for. I am pretty interested in my responses to situations and other characters. I've noticed that I don't respond well to aggression or authority or both and have a tendency to help aliens. I miss the bounty hunter and double crosses of KOTOR but in Mass Effect I have plenty of opportunities for graft and corruption. Oddly enough this means my character is pretty much in the middle neither good nor bad - Paragon and Renegade in Mass Effect.
I want to put together a big review of the game once I finish it which at this rate should be soon.
We also went to go see Hitman. I liked it, I liked it a lot actually. It was exactly what I was expecting. A lengthier review is pending.
Last night I cleaned out my misc quest queue except for a quest to fight a dragon in case someone comes over and wants to see me fight a dra...
You're probably wondering why I am doing a TV review post, or you might not be, *shrug*. As many of you regular readers may know (or RL...
One of our favorite scream queens here at HYR, Jamie Lee Curtis. Still one hell of a good looking woman, must be all that activia s...
Achtung! Spoilers! The long and short? If it hadn't been an addition to the Alien mythos it still would have been a very well poli...
Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (160)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (133)
- ► 2009 (142)
- ► 2008 (170)
- The Mist (2007) dir. Frank Darabont
- Because I love you all so very much...
- Hitman (2007) dir. Xavier Gens
- Thanksgiving, Signature Pork, Mass Effect, and an ...
- Happy Preemptive Thanksgiving Airstrike!
- Assassin's Creed, Kane & Lynch: Dead Men, and Fres...
- Something totally inappropriate that amuses me.
- "I have seen shit that would turn you white."
- "Time to get your crayons and your pencils!"
- 30 Days of Night (2007)
- Hedgehogs make me happy.
- "At the sound of the whip, turn the page."
- Macbeth (2006) and Knights of the Old Republic (20...
- Marky Mark = Max Payne?!?
- COD4: Modern Warfare review continued...sort of......
- COD4: Modern Warfare, assorted news, and another C...
- More remake silliness!
- "There was a fish in the perk-a-lator!"
- Prey (XBOX360)
- Yo Jo...oh I don't care anymore.
- Manhunt 2 - Initial Impressions.
- Condemned (11/15/05)
- A new X-Files movie and Scarlett Johansson.
- Joss Whedon prepares for heart string tuggin' & mo...
- ▼ November (24)