The Mist has been one of my favorite Stephen King novellas for years though I can never remember if it's in Skeleton Crew or Night Shift...I think it's in Skeleton Crew. In any case I wasn't particularly thrilled about a movie adaptation until I found out that Frank "Shawshank" Darabont was directing. He has a good handle on the whole King vibe and in any case it's a horror movie and I have a bad habit of seeing whatever horror movie is in the theater unless it's Saw XXIII.
Long and short The Mist is a good solid monster movie that for me took a nose dive into melodrama in the last minute - literally the last minute of the movie. I would have enjoyed the movie more if there weren't a couple of jerk offs talking through the movie and some old guy whose snoring was primordial. Seriously this guy sounded like a sound effect from the movie.
If you're going to see The Mist then I do recommend seeing it in the theater. Personally I would like to see it at a Drive In but that's just me.
Last night I cleaned out my misc quest queue except for a quest to fight a dragon in case someone comes over and wants to see me fight a dra...
You're probably wondering why I am doing a TV review post, or you might not be, *shrug*. As many of you regular readers may know (or RL...
One of our favorite scream queens here at HYR, Jamie Lee Curtis. Still one hell of a good looking woman, must be all that activia s...
Achtung! Spoilers! The long and short? If it hadn't been an addition to the Alien mythos it still would have been a very well poli...
Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (160)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (133)
- ► 2009 (142)
- ► 2008 (170)
- The Mist (2007) dir. Frank Darabont
- Because I love you all so very much...
- Hitman (2007) dir. Xavier Gens
- Thanksgiving, Signature Pork, Mass Effect, and an ...
- Happy Preemptive Thanksgiving Airstrike!
- Assassin's Creed, Kane & Lynch: Dead Men, and Fres...
- Something totally inappropriate that amuses me.
- "I have seen shit that would turn you white."
- "Time to get your crayons and your pencils!"
- 30 Days of Night (2007)
- Hedgehogs make me happy.
- "At the sound of the whip, turn the page."
- Macbeth (2006) and Knights of the Old Republic (20...
- Marky Mark = Max Payne?!?
- COD4: Modern Warfare review continued...sort of......
- COD4: Modern Warfare, assorted news, and another C...
- More remake silliness!
- "There was a fish in the perk-a-lator!"
- Prey (XBOX360)
- Yo Jo...oh I don't care anymore.
- Manhunt 2 - Initial Impressions.
- Condemned (11/15/05)
- A new X-Files movie and Scarlett Johansson.
- Joss Whedon prepares for heart string tuggin' & mo...
- ▼ November (24)