Monday, April 20, 2009

Of Cooks and Kung Fu (1979) Dir. Chung Ting

It's been a long time since I watched an old skool kung fu movie. That's mainly because Tarantino loves them. If I have to explain it to you then you'll never understand.

That being said Of Cooks and Kung Fu was one of the best late 70s kung-fu movies I think I've ever seen. It's pretty much 75% chop socky and 25% story (and the story was pretty standard but suprisingly good). Oh yeah...

IT HAS COOKING KUNG FU!

Seriously, Fried Rice style could fuck your day up.

The end fight is pretty awesome too.

What's really bizarre about this movie is the soundtrack. Tarantino wishes his soundtracks were this awesome. Of Cooks and Kung Fu has a totally insane soundtrack, I think the high point is the cover of the Beatles' "Blackbird" done by...I don't know how to describe it. Imagine an evil Casio played by the insane Korean Christian yelling lady who used to preach on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in the late 90s. I shit you not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!