Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Mein Gott! Der Todt! (A supernatural Nazi double feature)

Now that I have Netflix downloaded to my XBOX I am watching a lot more movies. One of the things I love is I can watch a few mintutes of something and then if I don't like it I can just stop watching it guilt free and watch something else.





Last night I watched a movie I had been wanting to see for quite some time, Outpost (2008) dir Steve Barker. Here's why I wanted to watch it: Mercenaries vs Undead Nazis. Need I say more? It was actually a pretty solid little movie. Sure it wasn't Cherry Orchard but I wasn't really expecting or wanting much. Outpost was more along the quality lines of a really good episode of Tales From the Crypt. Very satisfactory.





I remembered another movie, The Bunker (2001) dir Rob Green, that I saw many moons ago. This time it's a period piece (1944), German soldiers vs things that go bump in the night. It was actually a solid movie - granted Englishmen play Germans again - but The Bunker is one of those movies I've always wished I owned.



These two movies would be a top notch double feature if any of you are so inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!