Saturday, January 03, 2009

In the words of my grandfather:

"Well, there's another holiday season shot in the ass."

I used to get really bummed out when he would say shit like that but as I get older I definitely feel his sentiment.  While I enjoy the time off and spending Christmas with Amanda's family - especially now that we're all used to one another - the over all holidays are a real drag for me.  I love Thanksgiving but once the initial tsunami of "seasonal joy" builds momentum I feel pretty hostile towards all things holiday.  By the time New Year's rolls around I feel beat down.  I think this feeling may change when kids are involved - little faces filled with joy or some shit.

In any case happy...merry...something.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!