Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Iron Sky (2012) dir Timo Vuorensola

Dude, Moon Nazis.

I was pretty hyped to see Iron Sky because, well see above.  It's one of those completely absurd bizarro movies that cult statuses all over itself before it even comes out.  The viral campaign was pretty strong but I avoided most of it simply because I didn't want to know much about the movie before seeing it.

Watched it last night and, meh.  It was okay.  The effects and ship design were brilliant.  Technically Iron Sky is fuckin rad.  It was really well shot, edited, and the special effects were fantastic.  Other than that, I didn't bite.  Okay, the ending amused me to no end.

Other than that, eeeeeeeeh *shrug*.  Maybe I didn't "get" the movie or maybe the anti-American sentiment was too ham-fisted or maybe I just don't go for cult movies the way I used to.  I didn't get a whole lot of laughs out of it (though there were one or two moments I chuckled and said, "Okay, that's good.").

All in all, disappointing and over reaching.  The effects and combat are top notch though and worth watching only for those sequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

generated by sloganizer.net

Greatest Hits

Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!