- Warcraft was designed by diabolical masterminds who have in their employ people who worked on government mind control projects and the people who invented crack. Of course I joke but this is a game that has an addiction level like no other I've played. Perhaps the addiction level is the same but there's no end in sight, there's always just one more x,y, or z. Warcraft's reward system is brilliantly designed. Each goal is tantalizingly out of reach but ultimately completing the goal is empty because here's the next carrot.
- Warcraft has been a welcome escape from my personal life. While this is not the appropriate forum or time for such a discussion, let me just say it hasn't been a sun-warmed basket of fluffy kittens. People on Warcraft are, on the whole a fairly nice bunch, and thanks to the blessed anonymity of the Internet and a "toon" ("toon" is the in-game term for your...sigh...avatar), it is fairly easy to get along with people. Plus the ability to simply block having to listen to any dipshits from chat avec "ignore" is a blessing. I also have also found that I am a fairly humourous individual and oddly enough play well with others as long as they aren't being pricks, trolls, gloryhounds, or SHOUTERS (a.k.a. people who type in all caps). I do have a tendency to be kind of a jerk about there, their, and they're and appropriate usages. Once I simply refused to understand what someone was saying because of their grammar. Childish I know but I think I was drunk. Probably was times being what they are and things being what they are.
- I think I should have gone with an RP (role playing) server instead of a PvE (Player v environment) server. While I wouldn't go all Ye Olde Renn Fairre Forsoothing, it would be kind of fun to do some good old fashioned role-playing d20 style.
- My new personal favorite dungeon quip, "Are they bringing pancakes?" in reference to being alerted to the presence of something big and hurty. The best reply I've gotten is, "Yes, but you have to beat the pancakes out of them." followed by a conversation about what type of syrup the monsters bleed.
- I managed to beat my goal for Spring Break of passing level 50 (as of last night I was up to level 52 or 53). Now I'm staring down the barrel of 60. Bastards.
- Followers of Eli are an awesome guild though sometimes I wonder when people sleep.
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Thirty days of Warcraft, Spring Break marathon, and hopefully a return to regularly scheduled programming.
So I blew past the thirty day marker on Warcraft this week. It was Spring Break/hide from the world and wear jammies week as well. Here a few observations:
Last night I cleaned out my misc quest queue except for a quest to fight a dragon in case someone comes over and wants to see me fight a dra...
You're probably wondering why I am doing a TV review post, or you might not be, *shrug*. As many of you regular readers may know (or RL...
One of our favorite scream queens here at HYR, Jamie Lee Curtis. Still one hell of a good looking woman, must be all that activia s...
HYR poster TiNK asked me if I would help cook for her mother's birthday so I said, "Yeah, sure." I wanted to something reall...
Blog Archive (s) It's like a Wayback Machine!
- ► 2013 (36)
- ► 2012 (160)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ▼ March (5)
- ► 2009 (142)
- ► 2008 (170)